Our Love Story

Friday, January 13, 2012

(I ain't) Missing You...

Ever have one of those mornings s/p [nurse talk for "status post"] drinking when you wake up, not knowing where you are and try to piece the night back together? You and your pals are all like, "What did we do last night? How did we get home? Did we go to Waffle House!?" Well, I've had one of those nights *cough* a time or two *cough* and I'm gonna go ahead and say that that's how I felt when I logged back on to update this lil' ol' blog. What all happened while I was gone? What should I type-vomit onto this page first? How do I apologize for all of the {embarrassing things I did/said} lack of incredibly interesting thoughts shared via the web? And, most importantly, DID any of you go to Waffle House since I've been MIA?!

I guess the last time I posted was before our trip to Arizona... Well, obvi that has come and gone and, yes, we had an amazing time. How sweet of you to ask! Gorgeous weather, great friends, and Mexican food out tha wazzooo! (Maybe a night or two like the one stated in the opening paragraph...)

Us with our hosts at Gillian's in Scottsdale, AZ :)

After that all-too-short vacay, we were able to make it back to our hometown for some Christmas spent with family and friends. I'm not sure if y'all are the same way or not, but I can't help but get excited about Christmas celebrations. When I was little, I remember sharing a room with one of my sisters. Every night we would talk and talk and talk until we couldn't keep our eyes open any longer. (Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure it was just me talking and her saying, "Uh huh..." every once in a while.) Each Christmas Eve, it was totally different. It was silent. We would try to hear Santa's sleigh or reindeer on our roof. My mom would always put a candle in our window that would make exaggerated shadows on our walls and ceiling. I remember not being able to fall asleep, filled with excitement and anticipation, and I would stare at the shadows. Fast forward 15+ years and add my husband, subtract my sister, and I'm in the same situation. Again, there was a candle in the window of my youth and I was unable to fall asleep. Only this time, instead of a Santa-gift filled Christmas morning, I was super excited to spend time with my parents, sisters, brothers-in-law, and nephews. As I've grown older, I look forward to family time sooo much! (It helps that my family is anything but boring and there is literally never a dull moment when we're together!) Anyway... enough on that. Nathan and I's second Christmas as hubbins/wifey was incredible. Also, my immediate family was able to capture a picture of all of us together for the first time since Nathan and I have been dating.

Presh.

This is what you're more likely to see around us...

What else? Oh, that's right... the husband got himself a Harley... Yes, as in a motorcycle. As much as I tried to persuade him not to get one, I couldn't stop him. Apparently I needed to start intervening with his plans when he was about 12 years old. I guess you can't stop a man from his dreams. At any rate, it was a great deal and, as much as it pains me to say, it really is a gorgeous bike and I'm excited to ride it a time or two...

I guess it's okay.

My rebuttle to the cycle? Naturally, an adorable puppy! I've been begging Nathan to get another dog for as long as we've been married. And, what's a better reason than counteracting the purchase of a motorcycle?!? After an extensive twenty seven minutes of research, I had my heart set on a little cockapoo. Skip forward to 9pm s/p (haha, putting this to use) 12 hours of work and prior to another 12 hour shift, we welcomed the newest member to our little family... Ladies and gents, meet Baby Enzo!



The littlest canine love of my life!

And so, folks, now you're up to date on the goings on in my life... Mayhaps I'll do a better job of keeping up with this... but, let's be honest, I don't see daily posts in my future. Espesh with a new bebe in muh life!

Ciao, loves!









No comments:

Post a Comment